Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
Hi, welcome to episode number 37 of CaSB. I am your host Raf Calderon. This is the podcast where I talk about entrepreneurship and personal development. My goal is to encourage you in life and to help you become aware of the opportunities that exist for you to create your own business online around the things you love.
This week has been great. Went to Lancaster county for a day trip. Visited the following:
- Amish Village . museum
- Sight and Sound theater: Samson
- Katy’s Kitchen
- Village Green’s Miniature Golf
- I’m Excited about what I’m going to share today. This is something that has potential to transform your life
- In the past I’d be confused about work life balance.
- But now I have clarity
You need to spend at least 4-7hrs a day growing your business, outside of your day jobs and family responsibilities. (7-2 if you’re single 9-1 if you’re married and have kids)
May seem silly, but it is important. This is huge. A big commitment. For me is like writing the line in the sand
Q1 How did I come to this conclusion
Answ1: Crush it
- Reading it in the book energized me
- I’ve done this before but now it has a whole new emphasis and drive
- I was so impacted that we reached the same time window.
Answ2: Maybe I feel the pressure more now that I’m older
- I’m 42. To some this may seem young to others old.
- I don’t feel old but I have to be realistic in realize the stage of my life and I can
- look back and see what has worked over the years.
Answ3: Pat Flynn
- Pat would do his work at night.
- Difference is that this was his full time job but no matter.
- Point is he did stuff during the day and then he did more stuff at night
Answ4: It’s worked for me in the past and it’s working now
Q2: What are the dangers I need to be aware off
Answ1: Friends who say you’re they value more time with family, or when I come home I need to relax. That’s what the avg person does.
Answ2: Feeling out of touch with Pop-Culture.
- Remember what Tim Ferris said in 4hr work week.
- You’ll be able to find time for the important things: Go to soccer games,
- Go to church services, go on vacations.
- Do you need to watch TV shows, or news or
Answ2: Miracle Morning
- I’m not going to be dogmatic about the time in the day that you chose.
- Be driven make your own decisions. I don’t consider myself a night person but this is working for me now.
- I’ve tried the morning and it doesn’t work because I can’t get up early consistently
I hope you enjoyed today’s episode
* I want to invite you to check out the website creatingasuccessfulbusiness.com. There you can find this episode and write your thoughts for the blog post and see what others have said. I really enjoy reading the comments from our listeners..
* If you have enjoyed the podcast, I want to ask you to give us a rating and write a review. A five star rating would be greatly appreciated. This would help the podcast to be found by others. You can do this by searching for CaSB in itunes. Then click on the Ratings and Reviews.
* This is Raf Calderon signing off. Remember in business and in life pursue your passion and great things will happen.